Double bass bags were our business’s first endeavor and remain the heart of our business. Messina Covers has been making the finest and only full custom bass bags since 1998. Messina Covers bass bags are designed by bass players. Having busy gigging musicians at Messina Covers is what allows us to fix common flaws you find on our competitors’ bags.
Like all Messina Covers, our bass bags feature the following standard features:
- 1000 denier DUPONT Cordura
- 10,000 lb. (Seatbelt grade) Nylon Webbing
- B69 Nylon thread (seatbelt grade - so strong you'll slice your finger trying to break it)
- 3/4 inch foam padding with a flame-laminated soft polyester fabric
- 100% American materials
- Made by hand in Louisville, KY.
- Lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects (separating seams, rips, tears, and breaking). If there's ever a construction problem, we'll repair it for free.
- Available in all of our colors and with custom embroidery
Our bass bags also have several features that you won't find on other bags:
- 5 pockets for holding music, a folding stand, wheel, endpin, and bow. The bow pocket has a Velcro flap closure and extra material to prevent pocket blowouts.
- All pockets are oriented to be accessed while the bass is on its side. This makes it easier to retrieve items with both hands.
- A ladder handle with three different grasping positions along the tailpiece makes loading and unloading easier for people (and vehicles) of different heights.
- A tapered area along the back of the neck eliminates the need for a neck cinch.
- Almost 20 stock sizes available, covering most makes and models of bass. We also offer custom sizing options to fit any instrument. Check out some of the sizes we offer below.
- We also offer a thin, fleece-lined bag for those with detachable necks. Rufus Reid now carries a bright red travel case from Messina Covers!